Call for Papers Date: 2010-10-31
Date Submitted: 2010-06-11
Announcement ID: 176823
SEDERI welcomes contributions on topics related to the language, literature, and culture of sixteenth and seventeenth-century England for its next issue (number 21) to be published in autumn 2011.
SEDERI, Yearbook of the Spanish and Portuguese Society for English Renaissance Studies, is an annual publication devoted to current criticism and scholarship on English Renaissance Studies. It is peer-reviewed by external referees, following a double-blind policy. SEDERI is short-listed among the top-quality journals published in all scientific areas by the FECYT (Spanish Repository for Science and Technology). It meets 100% of the scientific requirements established by LATINDEX and DICE-CINDOC and is officially recognised for the Spanish research assessment.
Submissions should reach the editors no later than 31 October 2010. Authors will receive notice of acceptance by the end of January 2011.
Submissions should be sent via email attachments in Word or Rich Text Format.
Please omit any personal information in the file of your paper. Send the following details in a separate file or in the text of the email: name, affiliation, title of contribution, postal and email address and telephone number.
Recommended length of contributions:
· Articles: 6000 - 8000 words (including footnotes and references).
· Notes: 3000 - 4000 words (including footnotes and references).
· Reviews: 1000 - 2000 words. Books, plays, or films reviewed should have been released in the last two years.
Note that all the submissions should include an abstract (length: 100-150 words) and at least 5 keywords. Both the abstract and the keywords should convey the essential aspects of your contribution. Both the abstract and the keywords should be bilingual English/Spanish or English/Portuguese.
All the texts submitted must follow the STYLE SHEET for this call for papers. We do not consider articles that have been published elsewhere (either in print or internet) or are under simultaneous consideration with another publisher. Only original research pieces are published by SEDERI, please do not submit translations.
Submissions will be sent to two referees for assessment, following a blind peer-review policy. In case of disagreement, a third report will be decisive. If the paper is accepted for publication, the authors may be asked to consider the suggestions made by the referees and to bring it into line with our style sheet. The contributions, in its final form, will then go through copyediting, layout, and proofreading. Once published, the authors will receive a copy of the issue in which their work is included.
1. Relation to SEDERI areas of interest.
2. Originality and interest of the topic in relation to current research.
3. Use of concepts and methods of analysis.
4. Interest of data analysed, results obtained and conclusions reached.
5. Depth of discussion of issues, problems and theoretical concerns.
6. Coherence and cohesion in the thread of argument and structure.
7. Clarity, conciseness and command of the language.
8. Knowledge and review of bibliographical references and sources.
9. Engagement with and discussion of other studies on the topic.
10. Title: its adequacy, clarity and informative quality.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Early Modern English Literature
Early Modern English History and Culture
Early Modern English Language
Restoration English Studies
Early Modern Anglo-Spanish cross-cultural studies
Early Modern Anglo-Portuguese cross-cultural studies
Restrictions on Contributors: None
Time from Submission to Decision: 3 months
Time from Decision to Publication: 9 months
Number of Readers Prior to Decision: 2-3
Articles Submitted Per Year: 20
Articles Published Per Year: 10-12
Book Reviews Published Per Year: 3-5
Information Last Updated: 12/05/2010
Berta Cano-Echevarria & Ana Saez-Hidalgo
Dpto. de Filología Inglesa
Universidad de Valladolid
Pza. del Campus s/n
47011 Valladolid (Spain)
Visit the website at http://www.sederi.org